Villa del Balbianello
INDOOR CAPACITY: 75
OUTDOOR CAPACITY: 150
The only adjective that comes to my mind to describe Villa del Balbianello is “divine”.
More than one person must have thought “divine” when seeing this place :
Cardinal Durini who – at the end of the eighteenth century – chose this corner of the lake to make it a place of delight and leisure, and Guido Monzino who – in more modern times – made it a museum of his travel memories.
But Anakin Skywalker must have thought that too, before kissing his Padme Amidala in the Durini Lodge, in Star Wars – Episode II
And how can we forget the fascinating James Bond in the final scene of Casino Royale?
Divine… just as divine as your marriage will be.
it is an option for a welcome drink before the ceremony (4 bathrooms close to the pier)
only for ceremonies up to 100 guests. No covered area. If the wedding is only the celebration and aperitif and no dinner, it is possible to move the ceremony to Loggia Segre (1 bathroom).
it is the terrace located in front of Loggia Durini and it can be a nice option for a welcome drink or an aperitif after the ceremony.
the capacity is 75 guests indoors for a total of 140 guests by adding the marquee on the terrace Segre – in this case it is not possible to dance after dinner. The best option is to place 75 guests indoors and leave the marquee as a dance area. The loggia is the place where the aperitif is offered if the ceremony takes place during the opening time of the villa to the public. (2 bathrooms + bride’s room)
the best option for a big wedding. The terrace marquees can host a total of 150 guests for dinner and dancing. (2 bathrooms)
- Private pier: it is possible to reach the villa only by boat
- Terrace: a small terrace is one of the favourite places for the proposal: “would you like to marry me?”
- On Mondays and Wednesdays the villa is closed to the public and the wedding can take place at any time.
- On the other days the villa is open to the public, in this case the wedding can take place only after 18.00, or if it is a small ceremony and aperitif (less than 50 guests), it can be celebrated at any time but with tourists around and the ceremony has to be max 30 minutes.
- it is possible to reach the villa only by boat
- it is not possible to have golf cart (use)?
- it is not possible to throw flower petals or rice
- drone videos are only possible using our supplier
- in case of f&b services at Loggia Durini, the floor has to be covered by a carpet (extra cost)
Villa del Balbianello was bequeathed to FAI (Italian National Trust Fund) by Guido Monzino in 1988.
Perched on the edge of the wooded peninsula of Lavedo jutting out over Lake Como, the Villa offers an open panorama, which makes it one of the most spectacular estates in the area.
The construction of the building was commissioned by Cardinal Durini, a scholar and patron of the arts, who, at the end of the 18th century, saw this peaceful corner as the ideal venue for exclusive literary retreats.
Villa del Balbianello was brought back to its original purpose in modern times, when Guido Monzino, entrepreneur, collector and passionate traveller, chose it to preserve the memories of his adventures (which include being the first Italian to climb Mount Everest) with impeccable order and exquisite taste.
Maps, travel tools, books, furniture items, as well as precious and peculiar collections of ancient and primitive art objects, evoke the life and deeds of their owner.
In accordance with his wishes, FAI has been managing the Villa since 1988, preserving its spirit and taking care of its magnificent garden.
Bathroom service (not included for the dinner)
Milano-Malpensa Airport (MPX) - 84 km
Bergamo Airport (BGY) - 114 km
On the lake
Como - 37 km
Cernobbio - 22 km
Milano - 76 km
Lugano (CH) - 36 km
Explore Villa del Balbianello
BEST Villas in Como
I want you to fall in love with these villas for the same reasons I have been in love with them.