“…sexy is not a body exposed to everyone’s gaze, but is to suggest, veil and reveal, hinting without ever exhibiting”
BEDROOMS N. 8
I like to think of Villa Breakwater as an austere yet sensual woman: who does not show herself at first glance, but who prefers to hide, as if to preserve herself only for those who really wish to know her.
A contemporary residence giving onto the waters of Lake Como in front of the Bellagio peninsula.
A residence whose metamorphosis, which took place in 2014, did not affect the spirit of a former boatyard where, starting from as far back as 1922 for almost a century the Cranchi family built elegant watercraft.
Precise , clear architectural lines that convey the sense of pride for the uniqueness of its own history and style, both extraneous and perfectly integrated into the context of the ancient villas of Lake Como.
There are two main features that make this villa unique to me:
the contrast between an austere interior design, with dark colours and heavy materials – concrete walls and iron beams – and the luminosity that the windows give to the spaces, offering the illusion of a continuity between internal and external spaces.
But Villa Breakwater is also unique because it is not visible in its entirety from the outside: by crossing a futuristic glass walkway, you can access thanks to a half-hidden garage on the street to the heart of the villa: a huge living room which offers the wonderful view of the whole peninsula of Bellagio.
Those who enter Villa Breakwater must know that they can live there in absolute freedom, away from prying eyes, protected and embraced by the Lake and its mountains.
- large hall
- Billiard and library room
- Guest bathroom
- spa (sauna, hammam, massage room, bathroom with shower, relax bed)
- gym (technogym) with flat tv
- bar tender
- living room with fire place and tv
- fully equipped open kitchen
- dining room (14 guests)
- cinema room with projector with hunting trophy and fireplace
- wine cellar
- cigar cellar
- Suite n. 5: double king bedroom en suite (shower), (the basin is in the bedroom) and tv. Please note that there are 3 steps to reach the bed.
Please note that the ground floor has different levels and there are a few steps to access one level from the other.
- Garage (up to 7 cars)
- Suite n. 1: double king bedroom en suite (shower and tub), small living area, tv and lake view
- Suite n. 2: double king bedroom en suite (shower), tv, direct access to the terrace and lake view
- Suite n. 3: double king bedroom en suite (shower), tv, direct access to the terrace and lake view
- Suite n. 4: double king bedroom en suite (shower), tv, direct access to the terrace and lake view
The terrace shared by the suites is a roof of 240 mq with gazebo and sitting area.
- Suite n.6: double king bedroom en suite (shower), tv, small living area with pull out couch, direct access to the private terrace and lake view. Please note that there are few steps to reach the suite and other 3 steps to reach the bed.
- Suite n.7: double queen bedroom en suite (shower) with direct access to 350 mq terrace with several sitting areas and BBQ area, lake view and living room with tv, kitchenette and studio.
- Just on request:
Suite 8: double king bedroom (55mq) with en suite large bathroom with stand-alone rain shower and bathtub, dual vanity, bidet, television, desk, lounge area with gas fireplace, direct access to terrace, lake view.
- King bedroom 180 x 200
- King bedrooms are not convertible in twin bedrooms
- Queen bedroom 160 x 200
Outdoors: (1100 m2 on 3 levels)
- swimming pool (9 x 4 x 1,55)
- fire pit
- boat dock
- al fresco dining area
- outdoor chill-out areas
- bbq area
- roof terraces
- Safe in all rooms
- Air conditioning in all bedrooms and in the living room
- No smoking
- Courtesy boat Zodiac (fuel not included)
- Massage room
- Relax area
- Business corner
- Wine cellar
- Cinema room with Apple tv, Netflix and satellite channel
- High end entertainment system
- Security system
- Home automation system throughout the villa
- Garage up to 10 vehicles
- Al fresco dining areas
- Outdoor chill-out area
- Billiard table
- Fire pit
- Use of Zodiac BSC 78 Ebony boat, for 12 guests : at the price of EUR 600 per day including captain per day (fuel not included)
- Mercedes V-Class 6 seater plus driver (price list on request)
In 1921 this building became the headquarters of the Cramar boatyard owned by the Cranchi brothers, operating on the lake since the mid-1800s for the construction of inboard motorboats, cabin cruisers, sailboats and rowing boats.
In 2014 the yard underwent a complete renovation designed by the architect Massimiliano Nutricati from Studio Numax. The work lasted 3 years and resulted in a luxurious 1900 sq.m. villa renamed Breakwater.
Being a renovation, the architect Nutricati together with the interior designer Dario Turani, redesigned the building with the same volume as the previous one, redistributing its spaces.
The typical characteristics of the industrial boatyard have therefore been preserved and skilfully combined with an elegant and contemporary design.
Chef for breakfast and lunch OR dinner
Butler for breakfast and lunch OR dinner
Courtesy boat (fuel not included)
Milano-Malpensa Airport (MPX) - 80 Km
On the lake
Como - 31,6 Km
Menaggio - 3,7 Km
Lugano (CH) - 30,9 Km
St. Moritz (CH) - 100 Km
Golf Club: Menaggio Cadenabbia - 6,7 Km
Golf Club: Villa d'Este - 39,4 Km
Explore Villa Breakwater
BEST Villas in Como
I could not simply offer you luxury properties.
I want you to fall in love with these villas for the same reasons I have been in love with them.
BEST Venues in Como
Each of these places has been the scene of some special moments in my life …