“A life with no research is not worth living”
Plato – Apology of Socrates
BEDROOMS N. 10
BATHROOMS N. 11
Wander around the garden: take your time, no haste…then you can enter the villa.
The centuries-old trees of the estate are the true keepers of the knowledge of this place, they tell me of a construction in harmony with nature, and of a family – the Orlando – that has carefully guarded it for four generations.
This family, whose love for culture, travel and knowledge runs in their blood, has been able to pass down it to a Villa that knows how to tell stories to those who know how to understand their meaning.
Its style evokes times when mankind was eager to witness its progress: since the acquisition of the building in 1920, the Orlando family has in fact set up a small Universal Exhibition to celebrate the highlights of Art & Science.
The villa is comparable to the magnificent setting – Bellagio, the lake, the park … : the collection of paintings, books and objects tell us about journeys, conquests and dreams, reminiscent of other worlds near and far: amphorae, hourglasses, insects, exotic animals …
I’m here, but I’m everywhere! A vertiginous feeling of freedom.
This home is a perfect combination of culture and style: wandering around its rooms I fully appreciate this harmony and I make it mine.
I think that Villa Orlando is an act of love for the beauty of knowledge, a curious glance at the World, Man and Nature and a precious gift, a priceless experience.
- Professional kitchen
- Main Entrance
- Dining room (up to 22 guests)
- Large living room with piano and direct access to the terrace and the
- Card/games room
- Tv room
- Guest bathroom
- Blue Suite en suite with tub and shower with access to large winter terrace facing the lake
- Green Suite en suite with tub and shower, living room and studio all facing the lake
- Red Suite en suite with tub with dressing room facing the garden
- Madonna double/twin bedroom en suite with shower facing the garden and direct access to the balcony
- Sailor Double bedroom en suite with shower in the bedroom
- Carducci double bedroom en suite with shower
- 4-bed bedroom en suite with shower and tub
- Yellow Double bedroom with bathroom
- Tv room
- Orange Double bedroom with bathroom in the bedroom
- Pink single bedroom with bathroom with tub
- Botanical Garden
- Heated swimming pool
- Public beach (reachable by boat only)
- Private mooring
- Boat House
- 2 Staff Villas
- Winter garden
- Chill out areas
- Parking place
- Al fresco dining area
- Al fresco dining area
- DVD player
- Stereo Bose for Iphone
- Lake view
- No smoking
- On the lake
- Outdoor chill out area
- Parking for 6 cars
- Pets subject to approval
- Swimming pool with Jacuzzi jets
- Table tennis
- Tv: one on the ground floor and one on the second floor
- Tv: Sky, Apple TV, Netflix
Marquis Eugenio Besana decided in 1891 to build this innovative, at that time, Villa. In 1920 Cav. Ing. Luigi Orlando, belonging to one of the most important Italian Industrial dynasties, bought the house. Since then the Villa has always been the property of the Orlando Family and used as private residence. The four Orlando generations that have lived the house during the last hundred years have shared the passion for culture, style and luxury. This has led not only to the impressive and unique botanical garden but also to the creation of many sophisticated collections located in the various rooms and lounge, but especially well ordered in a two-room museum on the second floor.
All the interiors are characterised by typical Italian 19th and 20th century furniture and paintings together with many objects coming from all over the world. An impressive refurbishment work has been made in recent years thus trying to leave the allure of the glorious 20th century style while combining modern levels of service and luxury.
Chef for breakfast and lunch OR dinner
Waiter for breakfast and lunch OR dinner
Milano-Malpensa Airport (MPX) - 86 Km
On the lake
Como - 31 Km
Bellagio - 1 Km
Lugano (CH) - 36 Km
St. Moritz (CH) - 110 Km
Golf Club: Villa d'Este - 35 Km
Explore Villa Orlando
BEST Villas inComo
I could not simply offer you luxury properties.
I want you to fall in love with these villas for the same reasons I have been in love with them.
BEST Venues in Como
Each of these places has been the scene of some special moments in my life …